Originally Posted by jb20
Originally Posted by CNC
Originally Posted by jwalker77
I believe this one is a stretch, coyotes dont need roads.

This is not an “all or nothing” type scenario I’m presenting……I’m making the case that these runs make the situation worse and that it likely wouldn't be nearly as bad if you could shut them down somehow.

Shutting down a yote travel route is near impossible without building a fence...they got trails thru the thickest cutovers u can imagine cuz that's where the food is

Yep and they gonna take a easy route traveling. That’s just common sense, not to “deep physiological thought”. But you have to have food for the coyotes to live and thrive. Dead animals is number 1 on there list hence the abundance on farms. Cattle, chicken, hogs and any other kind of farm, they smell dead flesh and it’s a dinner bell. Look at the lure and bait you use in traps... it’s dead stinking animal parts, not deer blood. I would agree they’ll trail up wounded deer if getting the chance, Easy meal that they can track easily. 90% of coyotes I kill on the farm are when we are calving, not because they wanna eat baby calves, but eat there chit! That nasty, stinking, protein filled, yellow colostrum chit. They love it and it’s easy to eat.

Last thing I’ll say on this subject, no matter what kind of “spin or deep thought” process you put on it. Coyotes are wild animals that eat easy meals, and/or eat what they have to in order to survive. All this roads and interstate talk on how they pick the places they stay and live because of the road system is horsechit. A coyote will live wherever and however he needs to to survive. It’s that simple. All this is my opinion not facts, I’m just a dumb ole farmer. So......

"You do and it will be the biggest mistake you ever made, you Texas brush popper" John Wayne