Let me give a quick example of something I’ve seen that’s pointing me in this direction and then I’m gonna call it until tomorrow. I’ve got more examples coming but this is just one slice of the pie.

In 14 years I’ve never had much a of coyote issue here at my place. I’ve always said that they just don’t pass through here for some reason and I don’t know why…Yet you can hear them all the time across the road. One side note I’ll get to more later is that I’ve also always had a chit load of does….Well, I have this old road from back whenever that runs through my place and it was grown over with crap to begin with. As I hinge cut and laid trees down when I first started making improvement… I just made it that much more of a clutter. A few years ago a lot of the trees and such were rotten and I decided I was gonna take my front end loader and clean it all to make a lane you could see down and what not. So I did. I’ve just now started realizing what happened but long story short….suddenly in the last few years I’ve started seeing many more coyotes utilizing my place than in the past….and this year I also saw a big decrease in does. Where would you guess I usually see the most coyote sign??

Yep….the old road I cleaned out. All I did was open up a closed off link that suddenly hooked it up to my neighbors land and paved the interstate to pass through my place. Due to some other variables about the landscape, I was fragmented off from it back when the old road was closed over with trees and growth. The only thing yotes could have done then would have been to weave there way through all kinds of hinge cuttings and undergrowth or through a yard…etc….A very inconvenient and inefficient mode of travel and hunting for them. I opened up the coyote express and I did it to myself….I’m about to see I can’t reverse that situation with some chainsaw work to close it back off. Luckily I'm still not in the greatest of situations for them because the chain doesn't link up to anything on the other side of my place much . It does link me to the end a long stretch through the neighbors place I referred to though and then some..... but fortunately it becomes a little inconvenient for them to pass on through my place to link up to the system across the road or anything else on my side or I'd have them much worse I believe. They still come through but not like I've seen in other situations I'll describe in more examples to come. If the chainsaw work is a succes then that tell me that the theory holds true….now how we apply that to other situations is where the brain storming comes in. There’s different possibilities here and likely some different approaches….I’m not saying they are all simple or feasible….but maybe possible. Coyote trapping isn’t an easy solution either and if you have one of these main routes across your place then it may not be a solution at all…..more on that later as well…..

Last edited by CNC; 03/03/20 11:53 PM.

We dont rent pigs