I had one more idea on the coyotes but I’m gonna start a new thread for it. For the sake of not making this first post too long to read….i’m just gonna throw some initial thoughts out there and then I’ll explain the thinking behind it in later posts as I get raked over the coals….. grin

BSK eluded to this years ago but I didn’t understand what he meant at the time…I think I do now. We humans have likely created a interstate highway system for coyotes that may exacerbate the problem is certain areas for certain properties. Have you ever noticed how some properties will constantly have coyotes on them while others close by don’t seem to ever have an issue or it be a rarity to see some??? I believe coyotes aren’t utilizing the landscape anywhere near evenly as you look across the bigger picture of things. They’re heavily focused on certain travel routes and dismissing areas that don’t provide the same ease of travel. Yes, food likely plays a role in it but I think what likely sets the stage for the way it all plays out are long…for the most part straight… runs of interior, firebreak, gas line, etc that link together in a chain to move the coyote efficiently across a large area….north to south….east to west…etc…Places with more fragmented chains or very few of these long clean runs will likely see less of an issue. Don’t misunderstand what I’m saying here….you very well may have firebreaks or an interior road….but if its fragmented off from anything linking it to a chain on either side when looking at the bigger picture then its not as efficient to them….especially the transient ones…..Keep in mind now that I’m not talking about a firebreak that links together in a square….Look at as if you’re just wanting to head north and link one clean run to another to another that way and you’ll get the idea.

Now what I’m about to say may not be simple but I think the theory may hold true and be very possible to accomplish. I think some folks could likely heavily reduce the impact they see from coyotes by redesigning the layout of their property or possibly creating some type of barriers in order to fragment any “interstate” that may be running through their place….breaking up the links in the chain and the long efficient runs. I’ll stop there for now

Last edited by CNC; 03/03/20 10:25 PM.

We dont rent pigs