We have added shooting houses to most of our spots, some are even in the woods (not overlooking a green field). Many of the ladders we used to use were moved to the fields and put in a place that works for a south wind. Our houses are setup for the predominate wind, north or north west.

A few things we have done to the ladders is we have attached black weed cloth (like from Lowe's) to the sides. It can be spray painted if you want but it helps to hide any movements you might make. We have also fashioned roofs for them using 1/2" metal conduit and bending it. The conduit rests on the expanded metal floor and is attached to the side tubing with screw clamps (radiator style). Then a plywood roof is put on top. We also attach some more screen to the roof section (that we can see through) and we are pretty well hidden.

The way we do the roof is to bend the conduit, put the plywood on top and drill a small hole through the conduit and plywood. Then push a small bolts down through the plywood and into the conduit. Place these bolts out towards the outside edge so if you stand up you dont stick a bolt into your skull. We then push the plywood up and put a nut on each of the bolts to hold them in place. Then we tar paper and shingle the plywood. After we get stand setup where we want it we put the conduit up and then carry up the roof and lower the bolts into the pre-drilled holes in the conduit and add another set of nuts.

This makes sitting in a ladder more comfortable and we are a little more hidden. And only for a few bucks and some time...

I love my country, but don't trust my government.