I've lost 3 one on one fights in my life and I deserved it each time. I pressed until they didn't have a choice and got my ass handed to me each time. Not everyone has the instinct to fight when there isn't another option but the ones that do will give it 100% and don't know the meaning of the words whoa and stop. Lol

Once I got older I learned not to look for problems but I wouldn't look for a way out, either. if it looked like it was going to get sideway I wanted to be the one to throw the first one and it was amazing how often they never dreamed it was going to get past them just running their mouth. Once a kid or person decides they aren't going to be a victim, they rarely will be. It isn't in my daughter's nature to get in an altercation but I'm making her take a self defense class. I've rarely seen a person that the training did any good for when things got real but something is better than nothing.

Kids today need to learn the same lessons we did. To defend yourself and never let a bully get away with running over you. A beating ain't worse than living in fear. I feel bad for the kid for getting bullied but even worse that his folks aren't teaching him not to give up and not to let another person steal your childhood. The sooner his parents teach him life is tough and some people suck , the sooner they can give him the tools he needs to handle it. I hope he learns it before it's too late.

Last edited by bill; 02/21/20 10:10 PM.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard