Originally Posted by General
It's the homeless network telling them where to go. They all have government phones and they get free wifi at libraries and government buildings. They know the communities with lots of church and private sector help for homeless people and they show up and take advantage of it. Hell, in Dothan someone is paying for a porta potty outside of one of the homeless camps. I see the sorry bastages walking back and forth to the likka sto all day every day. If the feel good churches would stop enabling them they would move on.

It's this right here. I don't live or work in downtown but my brother's best friend does. He has found a couple used needles in his front yard. What he said was that they go to the library and get on the homeless facebook groups and let them know it's good here in town so come on. This is happening due to a few progressive do gooder women who run "The Room with an Inn" their private homeless shelter.

There is some good news on that front. Hearing city court is enforcing loitering laws etc. strictly to help deter. There was an article in the Timesdaily yesterday that talked about the Downtown Florence Unlimited org, being in favor of taking care of our own, local homeless, but not needing to create a invitation for non residents to come here. I'm all for helping the locals who have fallen on hard times but we can't afford to be a homeless mecca. Heck we are already sales taxed to death here.

Last edited by Slughunter; 02/21/20 12:08 PM.