I should be posting pics instead of telling this story but I missed my oppertunity. Me and my brother beRAD started out on a logging road in somes pines that are planted right beside a long stretch of powerlines. We had one fire off around 6:30 probably 400-500 yards away. We tried to cut the distance in half and probably should've tried to get closer but we didn't want to push him. We set up, and he was tearing it up with double and triple gobbles and started heading our way but never got within 100 yards and then turned the other way. We gave him a few minutes and saw he was gone so we went back to the logging road and immediately had one fire off on the opposite side of the road about 200 yards down the ridge in the pines. We moved in about 100 yards and set up and started calling and as we were calling we had another one just down in front of us and to our right,and he came in on a string to us. This is where I messed up. I'm right handed and he got really close, really fast, and was right on me to my right side before I ever realized it. It was really thick to my right and couldn't see well at all. His head popped up beside me about 8 steps away and surprised me and out of reflex I moved my head and then I hear put put put...... He didn't get out of there fast, just turned around and walked out the other direction. I'm still a newbie at this and my question is, would you feel ok hunting this bird again tomorrow morning or would you give a couple of days to rest?