Originally Posted by centralala
Originally Posted by eskimo270
So if they estimate that only 35% of Hunters reported their kills, wouldn’t our total harvest be somewhere around 157,106 bucks and113,663 does?

Of course that is all hypothetical but one thing that appears to stand out is that we have killed many more bucks than does. It reminds me of the numbers from when we had doe days. I wonder how many will be beating the drum to lower the buck harvest per hunter?

I am HUGE into changing the buck limit. I don't care what # they set but set a # on bucks more reasonable. Approximately 120 bucks per year, legally, with only 3 being antlered is totally contradictory to what the program (recording) was started as in 2007. It was meant to get a better age structure meaning getting more bucks to older age. Allowing 117 knob heads per hunter, per season makes absolutely no sense. I want someone to explain how killing knob heads will get more older age bucks.

As I said, I don't care where they set the limit but make it a BUCK limit.

Exactly how is a hunter, that's looking for meat, gonna know that the small deer at 200 yards in a button head or doe? Hunters should be able to shoot what they want and not have to satisfy every big rack management wannabe that comes along. IF Alabama DCNR wanted to implement a season to grow older bucks the season would be cut down to just a few weeks total, or LESS. Throw that out there and see what it gets you.

I firmly believe that a double gallows should be constructed on the East Lawn of The White House. Politicians who willfully and shamelessly violate their oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America should be swiftly tried and, upon conviction, publicly hanged at sunup the day after conviction. If multiple convicts are to be hanged they can choose with whom to share the gallows or names shall be drawn from the hangman's hat to be hanged 2 at a time.

NRA Life Member