Originally Posted by centralala
Originally Posted by Jakethesnake
They are killing the WMA.

My family and friends quit buying the wma license. We will never hunt them again if we have to sign out for no kills. We aint driving out of the way to check out. Yall dont care nor realize how it hurts to do this. I have to drive 20 miles for no reason just to check out. So we all quit buying the wma license. Each year yall will lose more people.

I have no idea what you are talking about so please explain to me. There is no app for people with smart phones to sign out without the drive? Nothing computerized to sign out with? You HAVE to drive to sign out? And if you don't sign out?

This is my understanding as well, that you have to physically drop off some kind of paper check in-out form when arriving and leaving a WMA.

Like Jake's friends, I'm not driving out of the way to let someone know I'm leaving after hunting tree rats on public land. I don't care what it's for, what other states do or how it's going to affect whatever. I've had to do it in other states and it's a f'king pain in the ass.

So I'm done hunting WMAs because of this.

Some of y'all like to go off on those of us who continue to say that more regulations will affect people. Some of y'all like to say that "it's just $15 for a corn license privilege" or "It's just a permit" or "It's just a closure for special hunts." and if you don't participate you're only a me-first fake hunter/conservationist teat-sucking leech.

Yet before long we have a long list of requirements and mandates and fees that continue to grow. It's like the anti-gunners and anti-hunters chipping away a little at a time, adding just one thing here and there to achieve the goals. Before long they have 10 or 15 things, or a hunting ban, or a gun restriction, or more stuff added to the hunter and angler who just wants to go enjoy a few hours.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020