A thread in the serious deer forum got me to thinking about my season. It ended up with a few highs as well as a lot of lows. I set a few goals for myself before season and I accomplished some but some I didn't. I had 4 different bucks on 3 properties that I wanted to kill. Last year I set a goal of killing a good racked buck at my parents house. I've hunted there off and on for 35 years and never killed anything bigger than a 6 point. Well I didn't get one last year either. This year I vowed to not only kill one but to do it with my son's bow.
The season started out with a hunt that Jackie Caudle puts on at Southern Sportsman Lodge. This was a 3 day hunt where you did your own scouting and hung your own stands. They drew names for 2 man teams and we all put money in for the big buck and big doe competition. I managed to kill a doe and a 8 point and my teammate killed two does. I had the big buck won until Tom Boatwright came in with a big 6 point. I can't seem to beat him at anything. Tom is one hell of a competitor and one of the best men you'll ever meet. He pushes me to not only be a better competitor but a better person. I want to be just like him when I grow up. We had 34 hunters and we killed 26 deer. My team came in second and we both won a bow. One goal accomplished.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Halloween day I was able to take the only good buck I had on camera at my parents house. He's a good 8 point and I killed him with Tim's bow. I aslo ended up taking two does with Tim's bow. The last one also ended up being the first deer I've ever killed during the February season. Two more goals accomplished.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I also killed my best buck of the season with my truck Halloween night on the way home from my parents. The one I killed with the bow fits inside this one.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As for the other 3 bucks I was after, I never got an opportunity at them and I'm not sure if they survived the season. Goals failed.

Most of my sits I just ended up crying and missing my favorite hunting partner. Oh what I wouldn't give to have him back.
Rest in peace son. Daddy loves and misses you.
[Linked Image]

Team Rack Addicts
2016 Aldeer Deer Champions