I was Blessed to have an opportunity to take this buck yesterday. I had been hunting two bucks considerable bigger than he was but I was only getting night time pics of them both from cell camera. I had Started my second sequence of rattling when he came in from a thicket walking stiff legged and ears pinned back. I had to set my rattling horns on the hook and immediately grabbed my bow as he was 30 yds to my left and closing fast. He walked directly to a limb where I had the tarsal glands of a good buck that was taken at our club earlier in the week. I drew my new VXR Matthews and released an arrow hitting him just behind his front left shoulder. He took off running and came to a stop after covering about 40 yards. He started to wobble and did what amount to a back flip. I could see his body with blood everywhere but could not see his head. I sat for another hour and half before climbing down and was surprised to find him with his left main beam hooked onto a small oak making him appear as though he was just laying down for a nap with his held held high. The Rages did their job and I couldn’t be more pleased with the Mathews VXR 28” bow. One more day left for me to try and catch one of the other two bucks slipping up but if I don’t get them this year they will be even more impressive next year. Pics coming as soon as I can Get to my desktop. The first pic is how I found him when I went to recover him.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by muzziehead; 02/08/20 05:50 PM.

"Don't cling to Mistake, just because you spent a lot of time making it."