UPDATE 02/01

After the surgery on Wednesday he made amazing progress. Mind you, he was opened up from his collar bone to his belly button straight down the center and then across from side to side at his belly button and then continuing down the left thigh almost to his knee. He was doing better Thursday than any of the 4 surgeons (each in his own specialty) imagined that he'd do. Friday morning about 10am they removed a swan tube. The very end of it had been accidentally caught with a small suture or 2 and broke off inside his chest. They had to plan fairly immediate surgery to go back in and get that piece out. At about 3pm they got the team assembled and opened his chest back up and got the piece out, added a couple of small sutures to stop minor bleeding and semi closed him again. We were able to see him before the surgery and he talked a little bit and then we saw him afterward. To date he's had over 40 units of blood and the heart surgeon said that was pretty normal given all that went on. Today he's doing well, still in CVICU and may be in a private room in that area by now. He's talking a little (VERY weak as can be expected) and in a lot of pain but hopefully on oral pain meds by now that will be better than the IV morphine that he's been on. I'm not going back till Monday as I know he needs rest. All in all, he's apparently tough as a pine knot and doing better than expected. Won't know how well his remaining kidney is doing till further along in the healing process. Please continue your prayers for his recovery and healing. God bless you all.

I firmly believe that a double gallows should be constructed on the East Lawn of The White House. Politicians who willfully and shamelessly violate their oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America should be swiftly tried and, upon conviction, publicly hanged at sunup the day after conviction. If multiple convicts are to be hanged they can choose with whom to share the gallows or names shall be drawn from the hangman's hat to be hanged 2 at a time.

NRA Life Member