Originally Posted by Sasquatch Lives
Originally Posted by bill
Originally Posted by Sasquatch Lives
I don't get the whole point of leveling. It doesn't give you any more ground clearance and reduces mileage. Is it just a boy racer looks thing?

It doesn't reduce mileage. I don't like the looks of a truck, or my 4Runner, with the nose diving in the ground and the rear end jacked up. Looks like a womans vehicle to me. Do you buy vehicles you don't like the looks of or do you buy stuff you like? What's the difference?

I know a GM engineer who disagrees with you. The reason for the factory stance/rake is for better mileage due to the path of airstream traveling under the truck. Believe it or not they pay attention to this when designing them. I would rather drive a truck a team of engineers designed that way than one that some shadetree mechanic altered with a spacer and different alignment but thats me. I always get 200,000 mi. out of my trucks driving them hard.

I'd rather drive a truck that doesn't get stuck. There is zero clearance with the factory stance. The only reason I put one of mine was to get a little larger tire on it and increase the clearance so I wouldn't bottom out constantly.