Originally Posted by ALMODUX
Originally Posted by bill
Originally Posted by ALMODUX
If you’re seeing better with a 30mm scope than a 1” in low light, id wager there’s other things going on with glass quality, coatings, or objective....than just another 4mm of metal tube diameter. The interior lenses are usually the same size between the two. Doesn’t take much scope to see past legal, but there’s off-brands like Trijicon wink (and others) that’ll blow the most expensive swaro (or Zeiss or S&b) out of the water for a ‘low light’ scope. Sure, they eat up batteries, but it’s not that much more expensive. wink

I had a Trijocon Accupoint which is the same scope as the Accupower except it uses tritium for illumination instead of battery powered. It was fine and good for the money but isn't in the same ballpark as the high end euro scopes in low light. It wasn't even as good as the Meopta Meostar. It compared to a Zeiss Conquest as about equal in low light , which is plenty good, but the illumination put the Trijicon over the top.

I think you entirely missed the drift. Trijicon THERMAL OPTICS doh

I have accupoints and other ‘day’ scopes.

There are decent hunting thermal scopes for similar $ as the swaros folks are bringing up here.

Personally, I’d rather fling that sort of $ at something made for a task, than something that just tries to get in the door. Then again, I’m not trying to do anything ‘illegal’ with either type of scope.

10-4. That makes sense.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard