Originally Posted by hawndog
Originally Posted by kodiak06
Originally Posted by hawndog
Originally Posted by Mdees
The regulations are sensible. 3 bucks allows a hunter ample opportunity to not only put meat on the table but to also have decent chance to take a good buck while, hopefully, leaving a few to grow. The liberal doe season was never meant to be a personal challenge to kill a doe or two every day. It’s meant to let hunters take the does they want, when it suits them, throughout the season, rather than what does were seen only during that narrow 2 week period we had previously.

I hunt on 4 different properties in 3 different counties, and cannot legally kill 1 buck on each property in the same year. Meanwhile we have people killing 30 + does in one year making it hard to even see a deer, much less a good buck. There is nothing sensible about that.

actually very funny. I hunt on about 75,000 acres in Oregon and I can only kill one buck so by your math I should probably be able to kill about 70. And I should also be able to kill about 35 elk. You can hunt four properties at total 800 acres another guy can hunt one property that totals 1,000 Acres, so why should you be allowed to kill more than him

You hunt in Oregon. y'all set the regulations how y'all need to. Pretty sure what I kill here will have little affect there. Glad I do not hunt in Oregon.

I could care less if you hunt in Oregon and you're missing out on some fun hunting. I also hunt in Washington County and Monroe County in Alabama where the regs are set just like here. We tag and report our kills in both states and do not try to blame a system for people's reason to poach is all.