Originally Posted by Semo
Originally Posted by GomerPyle
Originally Posted by Bigbamaboy
Originally Posted by GomerPyle

buddy of mine did like a week-long trip several years ago on the Mississippi. If I recall, he went with Quapaw Canoe Company, but I don't remember where they put in/took out. Canoe'd during the day and camped at night on various islands

I’ve watched some videos and talked to some ppl who did the Mississippi. I can tell you that ain’t for me! A man will get dead out there if you don’t know exactly what you’re doing.

True......as I look back, I think he went with Big Muddy Adventures out of St Louis. I imagine those guys are about as experienced as any. Definitely gotta take into account river conditions at the time though.

Quit trespassing on my hunting places......

A little joke. I don't get worked up over it, but there really isn't much public land for camping south of STL other than some of the newer Big muddy nwr and some state conservation areas and 1 state park. Used to be hardly any back in the 80's.

I've met some interesting folks over the years kayaking down the river (one guy from the st. Lawrence river and one from the Yellowstone). Most just ask about places to get supplies or a good spot to make camp.

Cool trip. I've never done it but i've spent a ton of time fishing out of Jon boats on it and camping from boats.

I wondered if they get permission from landowners to camp overnight on the bank or if they just do it without asking. Gotta think, with it being a business, they have specific places where they have permission.

There are 3 certainties in an uncertain world:

1. All Politicians Are Liars
2. All Gun Laws Are an Infringement
3. Taxation Is Theft