Originally Posted by MarksOutdoors
Originally Posted by BamaGuitarDude
i speak from experience -- having married inter-racially & been in the marriage for almost 20 years before we divorced -- you will have your damn work cut out for you. My ex was a Brazilian woman, so she was of olive complexion; the differences in "culture" between us was present every single day. It's already hard enough between a man & a woman to complicate a relationship with different cultures/nationality/races/etc.

I'm not telling anybody NOT to do it - nor am I criticizing it - but I damn sure will never do that again. I know what the Bible says about love conquering all - but human love is fickle & incredibly imperfect.

I think you're really on to something here. It's more about the ideologies that are held by people of the same skin color. As a whole, most black people have different cultural aversion even though they were raised in the U. S.. They think differently about politics, race relations, ideas about the unit of a family structure. I'm working on a crew that has 6 black guys on it over the age of 30. Not a single one of them is married with a family. They are all perfectly content to have 2 or 3 women in their back pocket with no aspirations to get married. I get along well with them all. They all believe our Country is rigged against them. Being compatible in these areas are EXTREMELY important when you are thinking within the context of a male/female relationship.

[Linked Image]

yup! "cultural" & "ideological" incompatibilities are no joke - forget race for a moment - it's the culture/customs/beliefs that will bite you in the ass much harder IMO ... case in point - after my divorce, i met a very nice, kind & upwardly mobile Jewish lady; she ticked the boxes in a LOT of categories for me -- but her religious background & the family behind her backing that up was a non-starter for me ... does that mean i'm "hating" on Jews?? well, hell NO!! but at some level, you've got to consider the practical day-to-day realities of a situation ... i've seen some FINE ladies of many different cultures, religions, races, etc. -- but would i want to hitch my saddle to them for the long haul & deal with it on a day-to-day basis? that's the real question you have to ask yourself

Last edited by BamaGuitarDude; 01/29/20 10:44 AM.

ALDeer physics: for every opinion, there's an equal & opposite opinion

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.