Originally Posted by goodman_hunter
Originally Posted by GomerPyle

To say God was mad at them is an understatement...he gave Miriam Leprosy over her disapproval.

It's always amazing to me when people [incorrectly] use the Bible to defend/support some opinion or action because they "thought they remembered it said something about...." [insert topic], when if you actually read what the Bible says, it's the exact opposite, as is the case here.

If you're against interracial marriage, then whatever - that's your opinion to which you're entitled.......but claiming the Bible supports that stance is laughable.

does the bible support slavery?

also the "in gods image" Does that mean god resembled a cave man?

Just a couple of things from the bible I've been wondering about lately.

The short answer, if there is one, is that by and large the term "slavery" as it is used many times in the Bible, wasn't exactly the same as the "slavery" we all know (such as slavery in US History). In many cases (certainly not all), it was slavery to pay off a debt one couldn't pay with money. If you're really interested in learning about this topic, instead of just going around blindly thinking that the Bible says slavery (as we tend to think of it) as A-OK, then I'd recommend studying up on the topic. Try starting with the link below.

https://emergencenj.org/blog/2019/01/04/does-the-bible-condone-slavery

There are 3 certainties in an uncertain world:

1. All Politicians Are Liars
2. All Gun Laws Are an Infringement
3. Taxation Is Theft