Originally Posted by johndeere5036

Years ago here in Mississippi I remember when the season went out January 15 for gun season and bow or primitive weapon was in until the 31st. I remember us killing some good deer back then and every year they extend the season some more. Now it goes out here February 15. Crazy how things change over the years. Wonder when they are gonna extend or shorten the season again

Extending here is about a sure bet. In my opinion that will be a mistake but time will tell. The facts are we have extended season already into Feb, legalized baiting, and OKed shooting spotted fawns. All those are for one reason: to reduce deer population in Alabama. Not one of those is about growing the population or even maintaining. I feel extending season even more would be counter productive. The average to less hard core hunters will get burned out with so much time to hunt and will stop hunting all together. This will be less hunters and less deer killed at a time when reducing deer numbers seems to be the goal by looking at other changes.