For southeast Madison County, anyone have a number of someone for this area. My son shot one this evening with his paw paw and we have blood but don't want to push it too much..

My dad has been taking his grandsons hunting in the afternoons after school and today my son was up. So about 4 o'clock my dad and son head down behind his house to the shooting house for a quick afternoon sit. Dad said they got all settled in and he hears something walking up the fence line behind them and looks out the door and it's his chocolate lab, she followed them 500 yards down to the shooting house. So he opened the door and she walked up the steps and climbed in with them. About 10 minutes before dark this 8 point came out into the green field. My boy got the gun up on the shooting house window and took aim and turned it loose, the deer ran into the middle of the field so he turns another one loose. I just get home from work and get a call from dad that my son shot but he wasn't sure if he hit him said the dog was all over the place and my son was trying to get out of the shoot house to go see if he hit him!,I change clothes and run down to the farm. I find where the deer went into the woods and we followed an ok blood trail, just drops of blood but pretty consistent. We trailed him about 200 yards where we found him laying! His biggest buck to date and I don't know who was more pumped my Dad or son.

Last edited by demp17; 01/28/20 09:41 PM.

We are not perfect, only forgiven!!!