OK guys, I haven't posted in several days about my friend, Rick Sharp. He's had a rough time but God's will seems to be aligning with his condition(s). When they tried to remove the blood clot from his leg they encountered 'concrete like' matter inside the veins/arteries in his leg and all the way to near his heart on the left side of his body. This all stems from the mass on his left kidney. His blood gasses and internal pressures have finally aligned to allow surgery IF his blood thinner correction works as needed. He will have a team of 4 surgeons and a cardiologist working on him for several hours if all goes as planned. His major veins and arteries in his left side have to be split open to get the hardened cancer deposits out. His left kidney has to be removed. His heart has a valve that may have to be tweaked. ALL of this depends on the blood thinner swap and if the team of surgeons at Huntsville Hospital can't get comfortable with moving forward based on that, Rick will have to be transferred to UAB or Vandy for all the simultaneous surgeries. He's been at HH for 14 days now and finally gotten good levels for moving on this. Basically his life is in the balance. IF he survives he may have resulting issues for the rest of his life. It's uncertain if his 'good' kidney is actually good at this point and that could men dialysis of need for a transplant but only time will tell. This is all scheduled for early Wednesday morning unless things change.

As I've stated before, Rick is like a second son to me and he's reiterated the same back to me as being a father figure to him. I've been going to the hospital almost every day and these final days leading up to surgery are bringing anxiety on him. He's prepared for either side of the scenario and I don't know of anybody any more prepared to meet Jesus than he is. The anguish was present in his wife's face today for the first time. We all know the seriousness and it's here now.

If y'all could, I ask that you pray for God and our savior Jesus Christ to be present in the planning, coordination, guiding the thought processes and movements of instruments involving the massive undertaking of this surgery on Rick.

God bless you all.

Last edited by Wiley Coyote; 02/05/20 12:43 PM.

I firmly believe that a double gallows should be constructed on the East Lawn of The White House. Politicians who willfully and shamelessly violate their oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America should be swiftly tried and, upon conviction, publicly hanged at sunup the day after conviction. If multiple convicts are to be hanged they can choose with whom to share the gallows or names shall be drawn from the hangman's hat to be hanged 2 at a time.

NRA Life Member