Originally Posted by Rmart30
We have had several encounters with trespassers and poachers. One thing Ive learned is they all will lie on you if given the chance. I always try to start my phone videoing by the time I get to them. even if im not pointing it at them it catches the audio. The last poacher I went to court with had a totally different tale about our conversation than what actually happened. 8 minutes of video proved him to be a liar to the judge and it ended up costing him about $5k when all said and done.

RMart I should have done that but my mind was else where. It'll be on my mind next time for sure, that's a great idea and could possibly keep me out of trouble at the same time. I'd love to hear the story about this guy your talking about so I could educate myself and others I'm sure since we all deal with this problem. Pulling gun, firing shots is all big boy talk on the keyboard and a little fun I know so how you handled it and got results legally would be a great teaching tool for us. Can you ?

Since I've had this land (4 yrs) I've had a total of 4 trespassers, 2 I caught red handed, the other two were on trail cam with good vid & sound. I posted about one of them a while back. Had a meeting scheduled with my other 2 neighbors thanks to a neighbor introducing himself and setting that up. Come to find out the "arrow head" hunters were my neighbors sons, grown men. I showed him the vid and he told me I would never have to worry about that again. They were at his place for thanksgiving holiday and said they were board. All the same, it was taken care of and gave me some relief that it wouldn't happen again.

Ain't nothing a sharp knife can't fix