Got our butts kicked. We had 11 lbs (which included a 3.38 largemouth), caught about 20 fish total, just a bunch of small spots and two decent largemouths. In hindsight I think we should've ran further upriver than we did, or even into Choccolocco. We fished mostly from Lakeside to Stemley. The big spots are gone, just gone, they don't live in Logan anymore. If you ain't committing to largemouth fishing, you've lost. After 20 years of being able to win with spots, I just have to chalk it up to "I don't know what I don't know." 19.6 won, then I think the top 11 places had 15-1/2 and above....I think the top 5 places all had closer to 17. And I don't think I saw ONE single spot in the entire top 5 bags. It just completely blows my mind that you cannot find the big schools of 3 to 5 pound spots anymore, you used to could pull up on a windblown clay/gravel bar or point this time of year with a rattle trap and catch those magnum spots till you got tired of reeling them in. They are just simply GONE. I mean we weren't targeting spots, but there's just NO reason why we shouldn't have caught some. Five 3-1/2 pound spots weigh exactly the same as five 3-1/2 pound heads, and it used to be that there were 10,000X more spots than largemouths, but no anymore. I simply don't know how/where they're catching 20 pound bags of largemouths on Logan freakin' Martin EVERY-DADGUM-WEEKEND.

Last edited by ikillbux; 01/26/20 05:50 PM.

We were on the edge of Eternia, when the power of Greyskull began to take hold.