I can’t believe it. Shot my first WMA buck and best buck to date yesterday evening! Sat on the ground Friday morning, saw nothing and hear one shot before lunch. Orange hats everywhere. Found a different spot for the mid-day/evening sit with a green field in front of me and 400 yards of powerline behind me. Only had one tree worth climbing, but a shot down the powerline was going to be a fight with a bunch of limbs right in my face. About 4:15 I had a doe about 100 yards down the powerline start to ease across. I was all types of contorted trying to get a clear shot. Shot felt good and the doe went back into the woods the way she came. Maybe 30 minutes later I had another doe that wouldn’t leave the area near where my vehicle was parked. I was having fun texting my buddy (hunting down the road) how I shot the doe deep down in the valley, but can’t shoot the doe trying to open my car door.

At 4:51 I hear a deer right below me and soon see a doe coming right under my stand. I try to get my phone to video, but hear more footsteps. My first thought was probably another doe or fawn since chasing ought to be over up here. Next thing I know I see a buck gently rubbing on some of the thick cover. By this time the doe was getting on edge and I know movement had to be at a minimum. I shoulder the .308 and all I see is deer. Quickly adjust the scope down to 3x and still only see brown in the thick cover. Honestly can’t remember if I was still looking through the scope or just eyeballed, but ended up with a dead deer 15 yards away! Been a party ever since. What’s now a blessing, I missed the doe completely. No hair, no blood, only a huge spot in the gravely ground where my bullet hit.

My buddy wasn’t feeling well so I snagged a spot this morning (doe patrol) but will give the spot to him once he gets moving.

I can’t even put into words how wonderful of a season it’s been, but the memories with friends and family has been the highlight. Yesterday started crappy as I had left my pack (license, permit, etc.) at the farm house and blew the first hour of daylight kicking myself while driving back and forth. Glad I stuck with it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]