Well after reading the dwarf deer thread the other day, I never thought I would see such a thing or really hear of another...the good Lord has a sense of humor! It has been a fun year seeing a lot but haven’t seen a mature deer to kill which has been frustrating. My last chance was the Cedar Creek SOA with my buddy this weekend.

After scouting in the rain for 3 hours, we decided to spend the remaining 2 hours hunting. My buddy said to just sit on the ground on a field with him because he’s killed already this year and that I was the shooter. It was misreable...the rain picked up...we were freezing...the whole 9 yards. I even had to convince my buddy to stay the last hour at 4pm that it would be good if the rain slacked. Well after grunting and rattling, not 10 min later with the rain slacking my buddy spots a deer walking out from our left. Immediately, we both said shooter with how big his rack looked compared to his body (had to make sure with the regulations of the hunt on antler size).

I then squeezed off and after a few put down shots, there he lay. We were ecstatic and elated to kill this biggun only to walk up and see his legs were tiny as well as his body and nose! Come to find out later, I myself had killed a dwarf deer! He was 125lbs literally soaking wet yet 4.5 years old with a 16” spread and 20.5 beams meeting both requirements for the hunt! The good Lord not only has a sense of humor but has blessed me immensely!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

2017 Team Aldeer Turkey Contest Champion
2018 Team Aldeer Turkey Contest Champion