I guess by now you know that Mrs. Irish and I both like to cook and have a low tolerance for most bad food. Well the last 2 weeks I've been on the road and I've been needing some us time if you know what I mean. Plus we've been needing to get down to Mexico Beach to check on our property since the storm and just basically get a feel for the area and see which direction it's heading down there. So Friday I met her at the beach for a few days of R&R.

The good part is that we found a nice townhouse to stay in that has been completely refurbished just across from the beach. The bad news is that there are almost no restaurants at all up and running. So as per usual we plan on cooking most of our meals down there.

I don't know about y'all, but when we go down to the beach we bring food and just plan to cook most of our food and go out a few times. The problem that we face is that we are old and set in our ways and most condo owners must not know how to cook or don't care and you usually have some pretty slim pickin's when it comes to cookware. We try to make do...

Smash burgers in some kind of crappy skillet:

[Linked Image]

You gotta toast the buns with butter:

[Linked Image]

You gotta have fixin's:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

When you let your wife make breakfast, this is the kind of stuff you get... Fruit!

[Linked Image]

We did get away to the Apalachicola oyster cookoff and had some beers from Oyster City Brewery and some fried oysters and shrimp from the event.

[Linked Image]

Followed that up with something healthy for dinner: Chicken, quinoa and a Greek salad...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You can tell I had a little more input on this breakfast: Ham, taters, eggs, and toast...

[Linked Image]

I finally got some raw oysters down at St. Joe Beach. Shipwreck, thankfully, is back and serving good food as usual...

[Linked Image]

I got us a couple of dozen, a couple of drinks and we headed home to cook some ribeyes on a chilly night...

Last edited by Irishguy; 01/22/20 06:39 PM.