I am seriously considering selling most all of my hunting rifles and condensing them down to 2 high(er) end or custom rifles with really good glass vs most of the cheaper rifles I have now with mediocre glass. The debate is what calibers do I want. I think 1 will be a 300 Win or Wby or maybe a 338 Win, the other is where I am struggling to make a choice. I have never been let down by my 30-06 or 308 but there are so many other good choices out there like 7-08, 208AI, 6.5-06, 300WSM, etc. So, what would be your choice for the second rifle chambering given the following guidelines:

Typical Alabama whitetail woods, river bottoms and the mountains of NE Alabama with most shots less that 300 yards with the possibility of a midwest trip some day. This will be my primary hunting rifle. If I ever get to go WEST and hunt I would most likely take the 300 or 338.
No restrictions on action length, I have no preference.
No 270 win
Nothing that is an odd ball caliber.
Must have a good selection of factory available ammo, although I do reload I don't want to be tied down to it.
Must perform well out of no longer than a 22" barrel, preferably a 20".

The harder choice after this will be what rifle(s) to buy. Bergara, Kimber, Christensen, Cooper, Montana or custom built.

What are yall's thoughts?