Had a friend who had a few acres that border hit n miss club. This was back in the 80's and that place was full of big bucks. Saw lots of bobcats but no cougars. Had a spot on a funnel of high ground between two swamps and shot a big one in the morning and some guys from hit n miss come down there yelling and whistling. Guess they thought I was trespassing but i wasn't. Stayed in the tree and never saw them. Shot another big one the next year and same thing here they come yelling and stuff. Didn't realize it at the time but my stand was right behind one of their green fields and i was cutting the bucks off heading to it. Never entered their property but they would raise hell every time we would shoot. Did find a huge 10 pt. one of them had shot the previous year that ran off .So wide i could put the rack around my waist without touching any of it. Man it was huge. Let a buddy borrow it to show it around and never got it back. My buddy was one of the first guys back then to take up rattling bucks in. It was amazing how he could call the bucks in. Most times he would rattle them in off the neighbors place where they were bedding. We were hunting on the ground and most of the time we would spook them before getting a shot cause they could tell right where the rattling was coming from. One of the locals had a moonshine still way back on the adjoining property we think since we could hear them talking and smelled the smoke and shine.Good times back then. Haven't been back since around '86 or so. DId hunt Riverdale a few years later and shot some deer but nothing like portland area.

Last edited by Sasquatch Lives; 01/20/20 06:58 PM.