I talked to a processor in Lee County who was working out of a home remodeled into a deer processing business. He was working steady as deer were starting to come in from the evening hunt. I asked how many deer on average he would process a year and his reply was 700-800 deer. I was amazed his numbers would be that high, but hunters were bringing deer in at a steady pace that night. I asked him what time he closed and he replied that he really never closed as people would be arriving all night long dropping deer off with him from the evening hunts and then starting again in the morning working on the morning kills being brought in. I thought that would be a heck of a pace for a little over 4 months time and working all day and night for this time span. I can't see how the young man was so pleasant to visit with considering his daily work load. He also had all kinds of specialty orders that really took a lot of time and attention. Don't remember his name, but he treated me right from drop off to finish.

I watched the work and decided quickly I wanted no part of running a processing operation.

B

I can't stand a thief.