Decided to hunt this morning despite the 20-30 mph winds posted and the storm that was suppose to come in at 8 thanks to Coosa1. First light was 6:30, sunrise at 7. I Got in my tree and set up around 6:45. I was going to set up 75 yards north of the scrape I found the day before but I came across a even fresher scrape before I could get there. This was only about 200 yards from the road. As soon as I got all set up flurries happened (on set of a migraine). I put some droplets in my eye to no avail. Just then a buck made a B line straight to my tree, stopping 10 yards to my left. I made a reach for my bow as the deer hopped behind me to about 30 yards. I turned and fixed my eyes on my target. The deer paused. I let the arrow fly. As soon as I let go the deer, who was already slightly quartered away, turned even further away. The shot sounded loud like a bone was hit. Znritchie, my wife and dog were on their way. Zach and I gave the deer a couple hours before we tracked light blood 50 yards and couldn’t pick up anymore. We backed out and my wife and dog collie were up. Collie did real well at doubling over where we had already found blood but got a little confused at the last spot we found good blood. We decided to push through and check across the bedding. Allison picked up on some blood. Collie then successfully linked the new found blood and tracked it back to the old blood. There wasn’t much for blood between the two. Going back to the farthest blood spot I discovered a slice of skin and attached hair. I am under the belief that I most likely lanced the deer and cut him non lethally. I am disappointed in the poor shot and plan to take it as a learning point. What’s y’all thoughts? The skin was found 185 yds from the shot site. It appears the deer might have them crossed the creek. I backed out and might go stomping around tomorrow. I was sick from the migraine today and was pretty worthless with the throwing up.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by gcr0003; 01/18/20 03:25 PM.