Had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago. Went home for lunch and hear a knock on the front door and see the Fed-Ex guy drop a big box and then leave. I'm thinking what the h3ll has my wife ordered now. Keep eating lunch and finally curiosity gets the better of me. Bring the box in, see addressed to me so I open it. It's two, top of the line Dell laptop computers. Check the invoice and sure enough it has my name and address on the Dell invoice. Still thinking, what the h3ll has my wife done. Call the credit card company and sure enough, a charge for $4,000 and change on my card. So I begin the process of getting these things returned.

Fast forward, next day I am at home for lunch and a UPS guy shows up to "pick up a package". After some questions, I see that he has been scheduled to pick up a package and ship it to Philly, PA. Research and its going to a Mailbox, Etc location. Long story short, someone got my credit card info and ordered two laptops. At that time, the order was required to go to the billing address of the card so it came to my house. The crooks, then sent a UPS guy the next day, assuming that I would think it was a legitimate return pickup, with instructions to send to a forwarding address. Actually, pretty clever on their part.

Took all the info to the police. Sgt was pretty honest and told me that nothing would happen. "If I call Philadelphia PD and tell them that $4,000 worth of stolen computers were being shipped to a Mailbox, Etc in their city, they would laugh and hang up the phone"