to quote dirty Harry. "do you feel lucky, well do you punk?"

Some of it is just how long it takes naturally to make its way in and some of that is luck (or randomness if you like that). In a few of the heaviest testing areas in Missouri less than 1 per thousand deer is positive. So, to get a positive male that is the random member that exhibits the "long-dispersal Genes" and then for him to meet others and infect them after dispersing and traveling miles and remaining alive is difficult.

I have no reason to doubt state agency disease biologists, but I have been looking for some kind of concentric pattern of spread in the highest tested areas. Or spread along spatial boundaries. So far there are clumps of positive deer but it is hard to see the pattern of dispersal in the spread of the disease. Almost makes a person believe it is just underlying in the overall population (test enough and find it) or the spread is from transport of infected specimens.

I admit I don't spend much time on this issue and it has been a while since movement ecology. So just some thoughts when I look at the data and maps.