These Asian carp don't eat vegetation. They're filter feeders, which is worse because it can disrupt the food chain at the base, and also may feed on other items. Along with being prolific breeders and roaming in huge schools, they're just a terrible fish all the way around for a river system or lake.

They're also in Reelfoot, which could change that lake's already weird balance of life.

The grass carp (different from the Asian jumping carp) put into Conroe sure did a number on it. The ones the "stakeholder" group put into Guntersville, against the biology-based advice of TVA and the state, didn't do anything but create a fantastic bowfishing lake. The stakeholder group wasted a lot of money and time by doing that.

They've tried for years to keep the carp species - Asian and bighead (which are in Guntersville) - from getting into the Great Lakes.

https://greatlakes.org/2019/08/new-...igan-is-greater-than-previously-thought/

As for eating grass carp, I know they're available at Asian markets but I've never tried it. The Asian carp is great.

What kind of hook do you use with lettuce? grin

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020