Originally Posted by BigEd
Originally Posted by Ol’Tom
It is a bunch of BS. When I bought my life time, I didn’t think I’d ever have to shell out an more cash, but I did for me and 2 grandchildren. How about that for BS!

It is BS that a permit must be bought for kids that aren't old enough to need a license.

Not requiring anyone 15 or younger to purchase a hunting license but requiring them to pay for this "baiting privilege" is nothing but a money grab and attempt to jack the numbers for federal license excise tax money. It's akin to fraud.

I still maintain my belief that within a few more years we'll have required licenses for teens, like age 10-15, as a "junior license" along with segmented weapons fees for centerfire, muzzleloader, bow and crossbow. Too much money being left on the table to not go after these things.

Lot of other possibilities for mandatory fees. Fishing guides could be hit with an annual state fee. Lot of hunting lodges and guides, too.

Do other conservative state administrations routinely increase mandatory fees and impose mandatory regulations? I thought those things happened only in liberal states like California, New Jersey, New York and Illinois.

Last edited by Clem; 01/05/20 01:41 PM.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020