Carter, you likely saw the old days of lead and points give way to a 1-bird day and then gradually increase to what we have now. We've pretty much run the gamut. I'd agree with you that the generous limits probably have helped decrease satisfaction to some degree.

I'd have to look at the numbers but we've had 6/60 for several years. At first blush that indicates population numbers over the long term are good and can support those days and limit(s). I'm not green enough to think, though, that money and Big Waterfowl Industry hasn't played a role in some way in keeping those generous days-limits in place over possible biological concerns. Cutting to 40/4 or 30/3 would hit everything from guns-ammo to lodges, travel (gas, hotels, food) and Big Waterfowl would holla.

Originally Posted by Overland
A lot of folks aren't like the aldeer crew, the skies and fields are not limitless and regs/rules have to adjust to make sure its here and accessible for all who want to take part in it.

A lot of gun control regulations are instituted or proposed because of the bad people, which leaves the good people affected.

Same with hunting. I'm damned sure not in favor of "I shoot everything, gotta get my limit every time!" for ducks, or deer (or anything). It just sucks that another restriction has been implemented and more days have been taken away from hunters, who already have limited seasons.

Maybe it'll help. I guess we'll find out in 15-20 years when the next generation has another set of restrictions implemented.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020