Clem - Comparing duck hunting to deer hunting is, well, like comparing duck hunting to deer hunting. As you well know, two totally different things with their own unique sets of difficulties and challenges. In my mind, setting reasonable limits on the number of shells in certain situations does not equate to brainwashing. It might just be the appropriate response to addressing an issue and creating the best hunting experience for all. After all, that's why we all go, whether public or private hunting, is a good experience and the chance to take a few ducks or a deer.

As for 'experience', as public landowners, all of us should expect some sort of decent user experience. Maybe that is places to hunt, days to hunt, types of game, appropriate regulations that give everyone a relatively even playing field and managed and available game. I get the Libertarian take, since most people I hunt with fall into that category to some extent, even myself. I have no doubt that if everyone were like Clem or Overland or 75% of the people on this site, there would be no need for limits on shells or game or other such regulations. Times change. A lot of folks aren't like the aldeer crew, the skies and fields are not limitless and regs/rules have to adjust to make sure its here and accessible for all who want to take part in it.