Clem,

I’ve hunted a lot of different places, in different states, that reduced the days you could hunt. They all improved drastically after it was implemented. Same with a box of shells or less regulations.

Swan creek used to be a lot of fun, but had turned into a complete chit show by the time I quit duck hunting. I’m sure the locals bitch about the new regulations, but it’s a good thing.

I’ll give you a prime example. Swan creek vs. eufaula Nwr. Swan is in about as good of a location as you can have in Alabama. Eufaula is in a marginal area of the state for birds. Swan was normally good opening day, a handful of really good weather days through the season, and during the youth hunt. Eufaula was good 80% of the days I hunted it over the years. The difference? Swan had better habitat and way more birds in the area, but it was a free for all and got hammered every day of the season which pushed all the birds onto wheeler. Eufaula limited hunter numbers, limited you to a box of shells, and only hunted each side one day a week. Night and day better than swan.