Originally Posted by centralala
Originally Posted by ridgestalker
We have 3 Tn counties on the state line that are positive. I was thinking today I can’t believe we haven’t heard of a Bama deer yet.

The only way the disease can appear in Alabama is if it is brought here, knowingly or unknowingly, said Chuck Sykes, director of the state game department’s Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries Division.
“I am confident that the only way Chronic Wasting Disease will get to Alabama is it will be brought here,” Sykes said. “It will be that negligent, uncaring hunter who harvests a deer out of state and doesn’t take the time to properly handle the carcass. And once it gets here, we can never put that genie back in the bottle. It will have unforeseen impacts on a multibillion dollar industry, not only economically but culturally.

Doesn't matter that it's in 3 counties on the state line. A CWD infected deer won't cross the state line.

What a tool. He’s already blaming it on the hunters. The closest case is 36 miles away from Alabama’s northwest corner. I am confident by the laws of science that CWD will get to Alabama via yearling buck dispersal sooner rather than later.

Quack quack.