Did a little logging this weekend. The little Yanmar was a trooper and punched way above her weight class once I remembered to use the pedal that locks the rear differential and loaded the bucket with some 16" cuts to give her some more weight up front. This hill is a lot steeper than it appears in the picture. She drug some nice sized timber up the hill.

[Linked Image]

Sunday it was time to split some of the haul up so I went old school. The splitting maul I have is an old one but it's a good one. Much faster and more satisfying than my crappy electric 5 ton unit.

[Linked Image]

Of course if you are going to go all lumberjack you need to eat...

Dinner Friday night... Organic, grass fed, bison smash burgers on butter brioch buns...

[Linked Image]

Served with home canned, fermented pickles...

[Linked Image]

Saturday night it was drinks, cigars and dinner with about 6 other couples. We are blessed to have such good friends, all of whom know how to cook... Nice spread for a Saturday night get together.

[Linked Image]

Mrs. Irish made us a nice breakfast for Sunday morning to fuel some more wood splitting. Fried eggs, bacon, cheese, green onions, tomatoes and cilantro served over a bed of cheese grits.

[Linked Image]

Built our first fire on the new fire pit area Sunday night. I took a pic from the top deck when I went up to get a cigar, before coming back down to grab a glass of Chattanooga 1816 on the rocks.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Irishguy; 12/16/19 09:04 PM.