Originally Posted by BhamFred
Originally Posted by Edgy

not many folks would stay as cool as Shoemaker and make those shots under that pressure, but he has been in on a couple hundred Brown Bear kills in his career.

I had a pretty good debate with a fellow on FB about this very article. I made the statement that, I bet MOST ppl using proper ammo (read hardcast lead) would stand a better chance stopping a grizzly with a 9mm than a 44 mag. He lost his crap and accused me of all sorts of stuff like being a 9mm fanboy etc.

1st of all, every handgun I own except a few are .40. I dont carry a 9 and hardly ever shoot one. That being said, I would say more folks can put 9mm bullets on target MUCH faster and effectively than a 44 or any other big bore. 44 is a sweetheart compared to a bunch of these Alaska style handcannons. I only know maybe one or 2 folks who can rapidly AND ACCURATELY shoot a 44 mag. I own a SW 629 and admit I suck with it.

You’re counting on a bullet striking the brain or spinal cord to shut down a charging critter. Shooting them in the vitals does no good. You can’t explain this stuff to ppl though.

Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?