You're correct, Frankie, it was not.

There's no other good way to say it except feelings come into play. We - hunters - just don't shoot spotted fawns, whether it's biologically OK or not. It's just how we are. Our normal instincts kick in, along probably with some Disney garbage and fear of being ridiculed by others. But mostly, we just don't and can't do it.

Which leads back to the "WTF was it even changed for?" question and why. Someone, somewhere did something or wants something.

If not, and if the Deparment is just cleaning books and old-outdated-stupid regulations, then I would like to see the "No light attached to a rifle" repealed. I can go coon hunting and hold a light and rifle in the same hand shining a coon, but if I attach that light to the rifle with tape, wire, a rail or anything else it's suddenly illegal. I can't take an AR in 22-caliiber and create a cool coon (or hog) hunting rifle with an attached light and optic because, God forbid, someone might shoot a deer. So we can't have an attached light. We can hunt with suppressors and thermal imaging but I can't put a light on a rifle for coons, coyotes or hogs? Idiotic.

Last edited by Clem; 12/10/19 06:10 PM.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020