Originally Posted by BamaGuitarDude

^^^ this is correct, and what i learned in my conversations w/the postmaster -- mail carriers are union workers, and the postmaster WAS demanding the carrier to deliver our mail, IN SPITE of our mailboxes being out of compliance (ie not high enough) ... but i'm guessing that the mail carrier's union can stand on this, and push back on the postmaster & "require" the postmaster to hold customer's mail until compliance is confirmed (?? a hunch of mine) ... nevertheless, there are obvious limits on what a postmaster can do -- which is the whole reason why i took action to escalate up the chain (so to speak) ... ...

I had a somewhat similar situation. Granted, I'm in the city but for exactly 20 years I had a mailbox attached to my house on the front porch, right beside the front door. Was/is an old neighborhood and a few of my neighbors had the same type arrangement, but plenty others had boxes at the curb. I get a note left in my box around 6 mths ago saying my box wasn't in compliance and I had ten days to correct this and mount a curbside box on the street. The note went on to say after those 10 days, if I wasn't in compliance my mail would be held. Due to my work schedule & weekend rain it took me a bit over two weeks to have a new box mounted at the street. In the meantime I had to pick up accumulated mail & packages at the post office.

Originally Posted by hillmp
The left lane is for the the purpose of moving the flow of traffic forward regardless of the speed limit. If your impeding the flow of traffic get your ass in the right lane. It's really that simple...