All I know is where I live the deer have never changed in my lifetime. Weather, full moon, population changes, or anything else changes the timing of it. Fawns are are born around the first part of August. Start really seeing them around Sept. 1. Bow season deer are changing food sources to include more acorns. The first 7-10 days of gun season the bucks are still in groups. This is the best time to kill a good buck in early season. After that first 7-10 days the Dec. lull starts. Does the split up cause the lull? Does hunting cause the lull? I don't know. Around Dec. 25 lots of rubs start appearing and last 7-10 days. Then the young bucks start harassing does. Around Jan 19 is the average best breeding time. If there is a good buck on the property, now's the time to kill him. Around Jan 25 new bucks come in and nows the time to kill a big deer from somewhere else. I don't know much about Feb. Things, including the lull, never changed as far as timing. I hear about early rut and late rut but them fawns keep getting born at the same time every year