Austin has never really cared to go hunting with us. She’s gone a few times but just to sit and I really expected her to never hunt she’s on the girly side not any Tom boy in her. Well she told her mom she wanted to hunt this year and kill a deer. Well I had planned to take her to the lease this morning where I knew she would get a shot. At 5:40 I woke up and realized I cut my alarm off. We finally decided to hunt behind the house for a little while and go down there another time. We really haven’t had any daylight pics all year or seen much hunting so really didn’t expect much. Ended up having a few does in the field when we were walking in and tried to make something happen but ended up getting busted. Well this afternoon we decided to sit last minute and didn’t get in the stand till a few after 4. Around 4:45 I look to the right and can’t believe my eyes as I see a rack deer walking by us at 30 yds. He finally got in the field and got her situated and she said she had it where she was supposed to. I told her to squeeze the trigger and when she finally did her mom and I knew immediately she just smoked her first deer a buck at that. He only made it probably 40 yds and we heard him crash. We were all going nuts and she was so excited she started crying. Having your kids kill their first deer is a rush more powerful then any drug you can imagine and as glad as I am mine have both done it I’m sad there won’t be another first with them. Hopefully this is just the start of her love for the sport and I get to be apart of many more with her.
[Linked Image]picture hosting sites[/

[Linked Image][/img]

[Linked Image][/img]

Would walk over a naked woman to get to a gobblin turkey!