Originally Posted by straycat
Originally Posted by ford150man
Serious question. Please keep the jokes to yourself. Anyone ever go through it? How’d you know that’s what it was? What’d you feel? What’d you do to pull out of it?

Golden Rule Cheeseburger on Texas Toast......works for me!

But seriously, it's natural at some point to desire to have some of the low stress fun, energy and great times of our youth or "glory days"....especially when we start feeling the years, smack in the middle of work, kids, family stresses and/or simple busyness. It's easy for life to get out of balance for a season. But longing and some nostalgia or even being blue doesn't equate to an actual crisis. Crisis means it's so overwhelming that you go use stuff for joy or chase sex for comfort or money for control....crutches for dealing with real life. So if you aren't on the brink of being an IDOT....try carving out some time to do something enjoyable and different like a hobby....not a someone grin

Wise man right here. F150 I hit a bump in my early 40's. I lacked a spiritual mentor. Someone mentioned checking your testosterone, which was part of my problem. I also learned I needed some time for me. I picked up hunting. Also you mentioned in previous post you have returned to Church and growing stronger in Christ. I believe in the power of prayer and spiritual warfare is real. Satan wants to undermine every step we take in the right direction. For me, some of my "issues" arent really issues, just some crap garage the evil one has put in my head.

Last edited by jmudler; 12/05/19 09:37 AM.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.