Originally Posted by AC870
Originally Posted by straycat
Originally Posted by ford150man
Serious question. Please keep the jokes to yourself. Anyone ever go through it? How’d you know that’s what it was? What’d you feel? What’d you do to pull out of it?

Golden Rule Cheeseburger on Texas Toast......works for me!

But seriously, it's natural at some point to desire to have some of the low stress fun, energy and great times of our youth or "glory days"....especially when we start feeling the years, smack in the middle of work, kids, family stresses and/or simple busyness. It's easy for life to get out of balance for a season. But longing and some nostalgia or even being blue doesn't equate to an actual crisis. Crisis means it's so overwhelming that you go use stuff for joy or chase sex for comfort or money for control....crutches for dealing with real life. So if you aren't on the brink of being an IDOT....try carving out some time to do something enjoyable and different like a hobby....not a someone grin

Are you a minister or counselor?
That just may be the best advice I’ve ever seen written on here.

I think a man’s “biological clock” kicks into overdrive in his 50s and something inside says “Whatever you’re going to do, big boy, you better do.” I kinda feel it. No plans whatsoever to “act on it.” But I kinda get why fellas do. But Straycat’s advice to channel those energies in a positive rather than destructive direction is spot on, I think. I might be a co on a BFL for a season for my midlife crisis, lol.

I think y’all both nailed it. Definitely not a desire for another woman but the realization that age is creeping in and there’s no time for lots of dreams/plans I had when I was younger. Sure I’ve still got lots of years ahead (hopefully) but “life” and responsibilities won’t allow them. Life is so busy that hobbies are pretty much a memory now. Great advice guys.

Last edited by ford150man; 12/05/19 06:55 AM.

If voting made any difference, they wouldn’t let us do it.-Mark Twain