We're starting to really enjoy just about every weekend up at the cabin. Quite often Mrs. Irish and I both have been fortunate enough to be able to work from home on Fridays. Having the high speed internet up there from Weiss Internet allows us to work from the cabin, so we usually head up on Thursday afternoons and don't commute back to the office from the cabin until Monday morning. It takes me about 1.5 hours to drive from the cabin to my office.

We had our granddaughter up for the long Thanksgiving weekend and that was a blessing. She lives in Pensacola and we don't get to see her that often.

Her and her boyfriend. He's a varsity middle linebacker and a great kid.

[Linked Image]

We took them to Orbix Hot Glass so they could blow some ornaments. If you ever get up this way it's a great outing for your family.

[Linked Image]

I've been looking for a cabin bear and while browsing around Mentone we visited Jim Marbutt and bought one of his original carvings. I think I'm going to get him to teach me a few things to get me started wood carving. He's a good guy.

[Linked Image]

I'm about another good work weekend away from having my outdoor fire pit area done. Gathering enough rocks to build a stacked retaining wall and building that wall is a lot of labor. Sore back type labor, but we are going to enjoy sitting by the fire with a whisky and enjoying the view.

[Linked Image]

I still have about 1 or 2 more courses of rock to go up and then I'll finish it all off with crusher run. I'm going to run a buried pipe from the retaining wall to the fire pit for a cold air intake to help with combustion and make a relatively smoke free fire pit. The design is in my head. I'll show you when it's all done.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Irishguy; 12/05/19 06:39 AM.