Originally Posted by Ben2
Originally Posted by brushwhacker
9 days is more patience than i got

This^^^ I have no idea how anyone can even be able to hunt for 9 days straight. If I hunt 2 or 3 days I feel like I have missed so much I may never get caught up

Guys, one day she spent the entire day on the lease hunting. I’ve never seen a child so eat up with hunting. She almost got him on Saturday but couldn’t quite get steady before he left the field. She called me in tears. We had originally planned to go home Sunday morning but after that encounter, we had to give it one more chance. Sure enough, the last afternoon of the last hunt was the best hunt she had. I decided to sit with her that afternoon and was glad I did. I don’t know how many deer we seen but I can recall seeing 5 different 8’s one of which was flirting with death. Was really amazing. I watched the shot through binos and knew it was a good hit at 200 yards. We went to look and nothing. No blood, no hair. I was confused to say the least. I went back to the field and quickly realized we just didn’t walk down far enough as I spotted a chunk of lung just inside the wood line. From there on, Stevie Wonder could’ve found him. He made it about 75 yards before piling up. Thankfully he ran parallel to the field so we didn’t have to drag him far. Definitely one for the memory bank as she told me that was the best hunt she’d ever experienced.