I got one of these notices a few months back. Admittedly, my mailbox was out of compliance in more ways than it was in compliance, but hey, this is rural America. So, I bought a new one that's made of plastic and has rear access to I don't have to stand in the road to get my mail. I laid it beside the road in order to get my perfect measurements for setting the 4x4 post that it mounts on. Then I dug the hole, set the post in concrete and mounted the mailbox. Since that day I have found 3 passenger side automobile rearview mirrors in my yard, noticed numerous scratches and ding appear on the traffic side of my mailbox, had one gentleman come down my driveway in a Ford Ranger pickup to discuss his broken off passenger side mirror and witnessed one driver hit my mailbox with his passenger mirror and keep going. I hate government regs as much or more than anybody but I sure am glad that I bought a plastic mailbox to replace my old metal one. It has held up well to the adverse affects and rigors of compliance with Postal Regulations.

I firmly believe that a double gallows should be constructed on the East Lawn of The White House. Politicians who willfully and shamelessly violate their oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America should be swiftly tried and, upon conviction, publicly hanged at sunup the day after conviction. If multiple convicts are to be hanged they can choose with whom to share the gallows or names shall be drawn from the hangman's hat to be hanged 2 at a time.

NRA Life Member