FWIW, I have a friend and former Chief that went to be the chief at Northport for many years. He said that Saban invited he and the other local chiefs and sheriffs to his house for supper one night. He says, surprisingly to me, that Saban was a very cordial and engaging person. Not at all what you would expect. I guess he can turn on the charm when needed, especially with recruits.

The whole purpose of the meeting was clear, but not explicit. Saban wanted to be the first to know when one of the players got arrested and it would be appreciated if they would let him handle the discipline. Depending on the infraction, this will do more for the kid than any judge so I have no issue with it, morally. I know Coach Dye had the same arrangement in his time at AU and what his players went through when they got in trouble was worse than anything the municipal jail had for them. I could see half the stadium from my first apartment at AU and saw several of the boneheads running stadiums wearing gloves and toting cement blocks. Some of y'all might remember the Wishbone Fullback, Ron "BBQ" O'Neil. Looked like a bowling ball with little short legs. No surprise that he only lasted a football season before grades and everything else told him college wasn't his future. As proof AU didn't buy recruits cars, BBQ had a 60's model piece of junk that he drove. He decided he wanted blacked out windows on it, so a trip to WalMart for a few cans of black spray paint later, he had his windows. That got him some stadiums and a very cold ride in Winter since the windows had to be down in order to see anything..

Also, Chief Green also thought it is odd that a man refers to his wife as Miss Terry all the time, which he even does at home. Somewhere deep down there is an issue with that and it would take some deep therapy to figure it out.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.